Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Seven A Month

I'm not gonna meet my quota of 7 blog posts a month because of schoolwork. I think. I'm busy pushing around shapes in Visio, creating topologies. Or hopelessly flopping with Fibonacci. And that's just for Assignment #1. Three subjects, times four assignments each, plus three midterms and three finals. But I'm having fun so I'm not complaining. Three assignments all due this weekend. Yeah... fun.

Three make-or-break projects at work. Gargantellic, gigantuous, monolithian projects that could turn company fortunes around, and maybe stop the lay-offs and give us back our yearly salary increments. And my team is smack in the middle of these three raging tornadoes.

If we all come out in one piece when Q4 comes around, I'm picking three bloggers to have dinner with on three separate occasions, the only condition being that they agree to eat unhealthy food like crispy pata and garlic rice in excessive quantities. My treat. I swear I will break my anonymity. This, of course, will be a big problem because I do not know anyone. Zero. I haven't had the time to connect. But I will, if I make it out of Q3 alive.

11 comments:

Herbs D. said...

interesting. i didnt know you still go to school :-p

i know the feeling. tri-sem can be quite a fucker. and i dont think cramming would help me .. *SOB*


any tips? hahah. who'll you be meeting sweetie?

okay yan, its so fun to meet bloggers ;D

Anonimus said...

@Herbs, I'm a lifelong learner. The one thing I still haven't accomplished is to finish a course in the time prescribed. It took me eight years to finish my four-year undergrad course... etc etc. So I won't stop enrolling until I get that satisfaction of graduating on time. LOL.

Who to have dinner with? Honestly at this point I have no idea. No idea at all. I'll worry about that when it's time to worry about that. In the meantime, there are other things more worrisome.

Herbs D. said...

I'm picking three bloggers to have dinner with on three separate occasions

why three? hehe

Anonimus said...

@Herbs... This guy o. Three is a leitmotif. Ay ambot oi, labad.

Tristan Tan said...

Three. Promise me it will be somewhere close to DC. LOL. :)

Allan said...

hi. browsing through other blogs i stumbled upon yours. mejo katukayo pala kita. ehehe.

Allan pala here, btw.

i hope you make it through Q3 in one piece. :D

off-topic, mejo relate ako sa Visio and Fibonacci. working student ka ba? and tennis follower rin ako. Nadal fan ka ba? nagwithdraw cya sa Wimby...

Anonimus said...

@Tristan
You deserve your own crispy pata and garlic rice treat. Am sure when you get back from DC, you'll want to gorge on Filipino food. I think fried pork knuckles don't go well with fancy coffee after. =) But you can always demand for something less pedestrian. Or pass on the knuckles altogether and just go straight to coffee.

@Allan
Yes I'm working and I've been working long enough to make student and working being together in one sentence strange. But it's never too late. If you can relate to Fibonacci and Visio, hmmm... We could be classmates, for all we know. Are you attending a school that doesn't require face-to-face instruction? If yes, boom! We might be in the same class. Oh and I'm sorry Nadal isn't joining Wimby this year. I'm a big big fan. But I'm a bigger fan of Safina. I loved the way she took a swipe at the geraniums in the 2008 French Open finals when she was losing to Ivanovic. Plus I have crush on Marat. But who doesn't?

Allan said...

what number is missing in this series:

128799876, 227563984, 356363860, 583927844...

hahaha! sorry, i find that absolutely funny.

nah, i'm not studying at the moment. i don't think i can. i just remembered Fibonacci (i came across it as early as HS), and Visio i use sometimes in work.

my folks at home are all rooting for Nadal. so when news came that he is withdrawing from Wimby we were all quite flabbergasted. our interest in watching Wimby came close to nill. and worse, he could lose the top rank if Fedz wins. oh well, that's life.

i like Safina best in womens' tennis at the moment. and Ivanovic. she's a cutie. hahaha!

PinoyPoz said...

Where do I sign up to be one of the three?

Anonimus said...

@Poz
You know you don't need to sign up. This guy o.

Mike said...

Your posts are funny even though it kills me like an internal hemorrhage because you include numbers in most of it.

Instead of dinner for 3, make that 4 including me! LOL!