Saturday, July 25, 2009

Budding Badings, Junior Jocklings

Without permission from Migs, but I'm sure he'll understand... here goes...

A hyper-belated reaction to Mig's podcast on Closet Badets

Okay. I'm retarded. I'm a blog retard. I should have read this a long, long time ago. I could have made 24 blogs out of this. What catharsis that would have been. At last, kindred spirits. Fellow Jock-lings.

Thanks Migs for keeping this in your archives. This is precious. This generation talking. Our generation learning. The prejudices and biases of our generation are so... nakakahiya after listening to these guys. They're so savvy and street smart while us... (do a KimmyDora here) we're just bitter and disenfrancished pink pesos, marching on the streets, asking society to laaav us. Hay... Since when did sexuality become public sector? But I think these kids need to thank us for the bad example we set. Because of our militancy, alam na nila what they don't want to be when they grow up. (World Peace po, maraming maraming world peace). Because really, you don't have to be out to be gay. And the really smart people of our generation realized that. And we vilified them for it. Crucified them. Force-outed them. Eh? And we ask society to laaav us?

(Plugging for Danton Remoto. I will work for that guy gratis et amore if he decides to make good on running for the Senate in 2010).

Clearly, I see your struggle here to evaluate their experience in the context of your own (e.g. coming out, labels, and all that western mishmash that we inherited from Gay Pride). The Freudian fabrications that we can never wash ourselves clean of... (World Peace uli na may kasamang Faith, Hope, and Charity).

And clearly, I can feel your tension. I wouldn't want to be where you were at that moment. I would have made no effort, at all, to be objective and understand where they're coming from. But I would have made an effort to hide my hard-on. Just the physical hard-on, because you can never be objective about that while it's happening.

No Migs. They're not trying to understand themselves and make sense of what's happening to them. They already have that pretty much figured out. It's us who still need to understand ourselves in relation to our personal pasts and the present that we now gleefully inhabit. And they do not need our advice. No please. We don't want to turn them into fabcasters. LOL. Joke lang. They have a good thing going, and have more between their ears than the swarm of out-and-out metroposhies in emo outfits and/or discreetly branded mid-priced imported labels feeding Lady Gaga to their cranium, etc. etc. etc.

Sexuality is NOT about coming out! That is so fringe. Sexuality is. It just is.

For people like them there is no coming out. There is only self-acceptance.

P.S. -- but to all of us for whom coming out is "what completes me," for heaven's sake let's all hurry up and complete ourselves.


Yes there will definitely be more on this when I find the inspiration. My deepest gratitude to my muses BITC, Tristan, McVie, Gibbs, and now Migs.

No comments: