Saturday, July 4, 2009

Harry Up!

I can't find my borrowed copy of Deathly Hallows, but I'll certainly find time on July 16 to be out from work early.

Kelangan ba talagang sa first day manood? Kelangan ba talagang sa iMax?

Sensory overload is overload. But whaddheck, I want to see the trip to the cave and how they fleshed out the Inferi in the pic. My benchmark would be those dead bodies under the water in the LOTR marshlands where Gollum first found the ring, or something. I think iMax is okay as long as you're not watching Transformers.

So it's gonna be a team outing. Me and four kiddielets almost half my age and barely three-fourths my height with their girlfriends and boyfriends. And I'm the one excited. Or maybe I'll watch it alone first, and then ruin their experience by doing a running commentary as events unfold. But they didn't do that to me in Twilight so I won't na lang.

I want to see how the Pensieve was imagined -- this magical version of the Blu-Ray player. One time I tried tracing a thin line one inch away from my forehead with a lit cigarette, imagining the smoke to be my thoughts. Don't try it if you love your eyebrows .

As always, I can't remember the last movie I watched inside a moviehouse. Underworld, Rise of the Lycans, I think. But Half-Blood Prince is something I will definitely watch and remember, and watch again and remember some more. Plus I now know that Dumbledore was written as a gay character so I'll watch Michael Gambon more closely now. I hope they do a flashback to the day when Dumbledore and Grinewald dueled with their wands (dirty thoughts flood my consciousness), or will that happen in Deathly Hallows? I'm not good at Potter lore. I sometimes get the chronology all mixed up.

The other thing I can't wait to see is Lukyanenko's Final Watch on film. I hope they remake the whole series with English dialogue this time and be truer to the book. Night Watch and Day Watch were too "divergent."

I'm rambling already, which means I'm very very excited. Ilang tulog na lang July 16 na. Tagal-tagal. Sana bukas na agad yun.

2 comments:

Herbs D. said...

yung classmate ko nung highschool. hanggang ngayun. hindi parin binabalik yung deathly hallows ko *SOB*

Mach said...

I found this poetic and imaginative:

"One time I tried tracing a thin line one inch away from my forehead with a lit cigarette, imagining the smoke to be my thoughts."