Monday, May 18, 2009

Disowning Tristan

Prompted by a confluence of a many things, I’ve been spending lots and lots of time lately reading blogs. Not the techie ones I usually read, which I mostly read in relation to work, but personal blogs. I used to not like them a lot, but one click led to another, and another, and another, and then I found myself reading the blog of BITC. I liked the posts so much that I think I read everything in his archives.

And because Tristan Tales was at the top of BITC’s Pozz-Friendly list, again I clicked. For reasons I still don’t understand I commented on Tristan’s posts and actually revisited to make sure he read them. I usually don’t.

I kept coming back, and my comments were getting longer and longer so against my better judgment I decided to make my own blog. All because one April day, I had so much fun disowning Tristan. And as he waits for the chance to disown me back and as a sign of my gratitude, I will give him all the chances to do so.

Thanks Tristan and BITC... sort of. =)

Blogs have stolen 10-12 hours a week of my time and I'm not entirely happy. But considering that I can't smoke while typing, you've already done me a lot of good. =)

5 comments:

Tristan Tan said...

Well, what do we have here? :)

I am flattened, err... flattered to be on this blog. Imagine, my life now takes up a part of yours? I must be really self-absorbed (or too self-depracating) to get you hooked...

And I also can't believe that I, along with a few others, am saving someone from smoking. Good work Tristan (pats himself on the back...).

Now if I can just find something to use to disown you, then everything would be perfect. Ha ha.

Anonimus said...

In a manner of speaking, yes. The blogs I read regularly are a part of my life.

As to feeling flattened/flattered, well... there was nothing backhanded about that statement of fact or your name in the title. It's a compliment. Credit where credit is due. You have redefined my understanding of flirtation and how this social phenomenon has evolved.

Plus, flirting is such sweet sorrow if unacknowledged. =)

I am soooo amused at the elevated status flirting has acquired. It used to be a dirty word. And that should clue you in on the generation I count myself a member of.

Again, thanks Tristan.

PinoyPoz said...

Hmm, I remember you, Anonimus. You indeed were quite anonymous, but only up to the unique spelling of your user name. I don't understand completely what this post is all about, nor if I should be happy that I'm in it or not.

But as you thank me... sort of... then you're welcome... sort of. Hehehe. Welcome to the blogging world.

Anonimus said...

You're welcome BITC.

If each day had 32 hours I'd be entirely happy. That's where the "sort of" comes in. But reading you and Tristan (and many others now) makes me happy. Writing this blog makes ma happy and I hope you're "happy that you're in it."

Again, thanks.

PinoyPoz said...

I'm honored. Thank you.