Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kibitzing Today

Today I realized that if I tried reading all the blogs that seemed promising, enlightening, infuriating, in short interesting, I will need to fingercuff myself. This way my fingers will be limited only to moving the mouse around but won't have access to the keyboard therefore effectively preventing me from posting comments on other people’s voluntarily publicized private thoughts. In a moment of shameful epiphany, I realized that I might be (I still am not admitting this) a natural kibitzer. So Pinoy, no? "Para que ka pa naging Pilipino kung di ka tsismoso't usisero?"

Writing on my own blog doesn’t hold as much pleasure.

Oh well… Today, with much pleasure, I found out I was above shock from malignant narcissism. Is there a benign form of this?

Today I found out I couldn’t be a literary snob even if I tried. Not that I don’t have the time to read, but I’d rather be reading Marvel. Erudition and profundity are essential to the understanding of psi-blasts. I have no patience for anything less explicit.

Today I also realized that I’ve been living like days had 32 hours instead of 24. I’m sorely tempted to give blogging up. But I won’t. Maybe blogging will help me find my way back to a calling I’ve given up on. Plus, it's comforting to know that most bloggers have no respect for Spell Check, and even the best of them get their tenses all mixed up.

3 comments:

Herbs D. said...

so true. i would love to have 32hours with me. okay lang yun- blogger are so busy kasi talaga these days. mwahaha

Tristan Tan said...

Now I am scared for my tenses. Hehe.

Anonimus said...

@Herbs... 24 hours is enough unless you have SAD (seasonal affective disorder) in which case you need light therapy to make sure 24 hours is enough.

@Tristan... don't be! I was in publishing for a long long loooong time and these things just jump out on me even if I don't try, or don't really care. It's a reflex I won't ever get rid of. I correct my friends in mid-sentence, and they've learned not to mind. =)